Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour
1 cup Japanese Rice
1 tablespoon Mirin or Sushi Vinegar
Nori or Sushi Wrap
Crab Sticks – take off the plastic wrap
1. Cook the Japanese Rice and add in the Mirin while cooking.
2. Mise en place. Cut the mango, avocado and cucumber into strips. Set aside.
3. Blanch the crab sticks and shrimp for 5 minutes in a simmering water. Place on an ice bath to stop cooking process for 2 minutes. Devein or peel off the shrimps leaving the tail covered. Set aside.
4. Fry the beaten egg in sesame oil. Slice into strips, set aside.
5. Toast the sesame seeds in a pan until golden brown. Set aside.
6. Once the rice is warm. You can now start a variety of your maki rolls.
7. Place the nori on a sushi mat. Add in the rice. Arrange the fillings you wish to have. Then roll.
8. Slice the maki rolls from end to end leaving a smooth ends on both sides. Then into half and quarters. Or depending on the size as you wish.
9. Serve with a mixture of soy, lime and wasabi. Enjoy.