Soy Marinated Chicken with Asparagus and California Maki in Bechamel Sauce
Preparation and Cooking Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
2 slices Chicken Breast Fillets
2 tablespoon Ketchup
2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Lime Juice
4-6 pcs Asparagus
2 Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 cup Full Cream Milk
1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1 teaspoon Mint – minced
1/4 cup Japanese Rice
2 sheets Nori – Sushi Wrapper
1 tablespoon Sushi Vinegar
1 pc Cucumber
1/2 pc Mango
1 Egg – beaten
Salt and Pepper
1. In a bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce and lime juice. Season the chicken fillets with a little salt and pepper. Add in the chicken to the mixture and let it marinate for 15 minutes or more. (If you are doing the dish 1 day prior, you can marinate the chicken overnight. Seal in a container and in to the fridge.)
1. Heat oil in a pan and sear the chicken, about 10-12 minutes on each side on a medium heat. Once cooked, set aside by wrapping the chicken in an aluminum foil.
2. For the sauce. Heat butter in a sauce pan until clarified. Add in the flour and mix to make a roux. Pour in the milk and stir until smooth. Add in onion, clove and bay leaf, Season with salt, pepper and mint. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. On another pot, simmer water until small bubbles appear. Blanch in the asparagus and tomatoes for 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables and place on an ice bath (a bowl with ice to stop the cooking process) for 2 minutes. Set aside.
4. Japanese Maki – please see Assorted Maki Recipe.
5.Plating: Place the asparagus on a plate. Put the sliced chicken breast on the asparagus. Drizzle with the sauce. On another end, place the California Maki and Cherry Tomato.
6. Serve and enjoy.