Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour
3-4 pcs Eggplant – sliced in round shapes
3-4 pcs Zucchini – sliced in round shapes
1-2 pcs red, green, yellow Bell Peppers – cut into strips
Tomatoes, diced and de-seeded
1 small can Tomato Paste
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of a 1 ½ quart casserole dish with 1 tbsp of olive oil or with butter
2. Sauce: On a pan/skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and add Del Monte Tomato Paste until onion is translucent. Mix in the sliced tomatoes, dried thyme and add some water or vegetable broth. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Season the sliced eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers with salt, pepper and olive oil, set aside
4. On the coated casserole, arrange the seasoned vegetables as you desire.
5. Pour in the sauce onto the vegetables. Add some dried thyme and the cheese on top.
6. Baked in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
7. Served and enjoy with family and friends.